The human brain is not intelligence

1 post / 0 new

The human brain is not intelligence

The human brain is not intelligence, it’s a survival mechanism optimized for selecting immune and other compatibilities. In other words, cognition is an illusion.. the human brain is just a feedback algorithm, simulator based on the feedback. Causality is perceived, simulated, remembered and used to manipulate. It’s quite eloquent if you understand feedback loops. Even better if understand the algorithmic pattern programming from the genetic levels, biological differential stability network.

Nothing humans do is complicated or very complex, at least in terms of systems... lots of refinements and integrated ideas, but nothing is truly complex, all by itself. Nobody just invented the fission or other types of devices, it was a simply refinement of knowledge that lead to the discovery and further refinement that lead to the devices being usable.

Same goes for everything else. Time and refinement is all the inventions in this world. Building on other people's time and refinements. People for the most part act the same way they did millennia ago, they can't organize more than 200 people at a time-place, without breaking apart into subunits. If not organized by a "master" respected by the workers, they aren't productive and fail to be productive.

We grow into a context of demands that then causes the growth of the required level of complexity to manage the knowledge and acquisition of details to fill in the domains. For the most part, this means that the “lazy intelligence” only executes when it is necessary for survival.

There are just 2 areas where superior intelligence is potentially enabling:

1. In (partially) understanding certain useful hypercomplex things like health and physics - that first awaited modern tools like microscopes to observe them, and
2. Competing with others for procreation, wealth, power, etc. HOWEVER, Game Theory dictates that most decisions in "games" be made on a weighted random basis, and further, Nash's famous equilibrium theorem tells us that if the other guy has selected his weights correctly - that it doesn't make any difference if you get them right or wrong. As a result, limitless "intelligence" provides little if any competitive advantage, beyond the low threshold of simply understanding what the game is all about.

I once sat down with a winning high-school football coach, and we looked at various common situations that would seem to benefit from game theory computation. Amazingly, his off-the-top-his-head weights were spot-on to my carefully computed weights. We only looked at 2x2 zero-sum situations. This demonstrated that there would be NO advantage in having computer assistance. A better random number generator might have helped - but seeing the coach throw dice before deciding each play would have been pretty demoralizing to the players. As in spread spectrum communication, weighted random is as good as limitless intelligence can even approach.

I have already written an online post that explains how people with barely genius IQs can efficiently engineer true cures for most seemingly incurable health conditions - as I have done for various "incurable" conditions that friends and members of my family have contracted. The secret therein is the careful application of an advanced form of the Scientific Method. Sure, it took a really smart guy to figure this out, but now pretty much anyone can read it and learn to do just as well with it as any prospective artificial general intelligence (AGI) could ever do.

Additional reading material:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_programming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_expression_programming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_programming