Botanical Garden in Bucharest
Submitted 4 years 3 months ago by deloredana.
The first botanical garden in Bucharest was founded in 1860 and moved to the present space in 1884 by Dimitrie Brândza, Romanian botanist, one of the founders of the Romanian botanical school, and by Louis Fuchs, a Belgian landscape architect. The garden was inaugurated in 1891, after the greenhouses were built and populated. It covers an area of 17.5 hectares (including 4,000 m² of greenhouses) and has over 10,000 plant species. The Botanical Garden Museum is located at the entrance to the Garden, featuring over 5,000 plant species, including 1,000 exotic species.