Submitted 4 years 11 months ago by deloredana.
It is a large park of Bucharest located in the northern part of the city. It was built in 1936 on the shores of Lake Herastrau. The lake in the center of the park is part of the chain of anthropic lakes of the Colentina River. The alley of the park surrounding the lake has a length of 5.92 km.
The projects for this park were made by the architects Ernest Pinard and Rebhun, the last one being a talented and prolific Austrian landscape architect who contributed to the creation of the plant composition (trees, shrubs, flowers) and the Romanian architect Octav Doicescu who designed the alleys. In 1951, the park was expanded, transformed and rebuilt in its current form. In recent years, many terraces have populated the recreational areas in the park.